"In Jesus Christ, there is no distance or separation between the medium and the message:
it is the one case where we can say that the medium and the message are fully one and the same."
Marshall McLuhan

[Live Video] Bullet with Butterfly Wings: My 2 Cents.

With today's live video I've decided to start a new category for my blog and live videos: #MyTwoCents. Pretty much I'll be giving a few thoughts on any piece of content that people might suggest to me - and some no one suggests but that I think deserve a mention. Check out the first one below, and leave a comment if you'd like me to respond to a movie, song, book, whatever.

In the seventh video of Adam Niven' s #FBLiveVideoChallenge for Media Theology Adam rounds out the first week by giving his two cents on the Smashing Pumpkins "Bullet with Butterfly Wings".

Whilst there are glimpses of references to biblical themes and motifs - in particular Job and then Jesus - overall the song fails to escape the hopelessness of the world.


This is also worth a look:


Feel free to join me on this journey: https://www.facebook.com/mediatheology/

No comments:

Post a Comment